The Canopy Humidifier is embedded with a UV light used to disinfect the water from bacteria, and contaminants. The light kills 99.9% of bacteria, mold, and viruses that can lurk in your water tank; the remaining 0.1% is trapped in the disposable paper filter.
While the light is visible through the water tank, we've designed the unit with the nightstand in mind, the soft glow of the UV light is low enough that it shouldn't disturb your sleep!
Additionally, the control lights at the top of your Humidifier have an automatic Night Mode setting, which turns them off when the room is darkened and it's time to end the day. Night Mode will not affect the UV light, which needs to be one so long as there is water in the Humidifier tray.